February is dental month! Our pet’s dental health is very important for the rest of their overall health. Bacteria in the mouth can spread to other areas of the body, leading to infection in the heart, liver, and kidneys. Can you imagine what our teeth would look like if we didn’t brush them every day? 85% of pets have dental disease by the time they are 3 years old.
During the month of February we will be offering 10% off dentistries. On Monday, Tuesday and Thursday you can schedule a complimentary dental assessment for your pet with our registered veterinary technician! And don’t forget to brush your pet’s teeth!
Here are some other tips to maintain your pet’s dental health
– Feed your pet a veterinarian recommended dental diet designed to reduce tooth decaying plaque on the teeth
– Provide veterinarian recommended dental chew toys or treats that help remove plaque buildup.
– Use a veterinarian recommended oral rinse designed for pets to help reduce the bacterial count in the mouth and improve breath.
– Remember to never use people toothpaste on your pets. Many toothpastes designed for humans contain substances that may be toxic to your pets.
ATTENTION: At this time we have new protocols in place to help keep our staff and clients safe and to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We have increased our appointment times and are staggering our appointments. When arriving at the clinic please call us and wait in your car for further assistance. To practice social distancing only pets will be allowed in the clinic. Please stay in your car and we will come get your pet from your car for the appointment. Payment will be done by credit card over the phone or by e-transfer. Thank you for your understanding during these uncertain times.
For more information or to book a dental assessment, please contact us at Dufferin-Steeles Animal Hospital. 905-532-0043
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
DUFFERIN-STEELES ANIMAL HOSPITAL
Your pet's healthcare is our top priority.
Monday 8am - 7pm
Tuesday 8am - 7pm
Wednesday 8am - 4pm
Thursday 8am - 7pm
Friday 8am - 4pm
Saturday 9am - 2pm
* Please note: Wednesday and Saturday we are open only for food sales, medication pick ups, and booking appointments*
If this is an urgent issue and it is outside our normal business hours, please contact:
Vaughan-Richmond Hill Emergency Clinic
10303 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, ON, L4C3B9
Central Toronto Veterinary Referral and Emergency Clinic
1051 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto, ON, M6C2C9
Our Partners in care
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by IDEXX Laboratories